Return of the Acura Integra
If you’ve been a longstanding fan of the Acura Integra, now is your chance to get behind the wheel. After a 30-year-long hiatus, the 2023 Acura Integra is set to hit Los Gatos streets. This compact luxury sports vehicle boasts high-end amenities and dynamic, powerful performance capabilities that will provide you with an exciting driving experience.
The new Acura Integra is scheduled to be released in the first half of 2022, so it’s the perfect time to famailirize yourself will all that this vehicle has to offer. Read this guide by Los Gatos Acura as we cover the Acura Integra history and offer a sneak peek of what can be expected from the new model. Then, complete this form if you’d like to learn how you can reserve the new Integra!
An Overview of Acura Integra History
- The first-generation: Acura Integra arrived in the U.S. in 1986. It shared similarities with the Honda Civic, but it had a sleeker European design and could be configured as a three- or five-door liftback hatch. All four wheels of the first-generation Integra has disc brakes, this model was also equipped with a 1.6L DOHC 4-cylinder engine (that delivered 113 hp and 99 lb-ft of torque) that could be paired with either a 5-speed transmission or a 4-speed automatic transmission.
- The second-generation: Released in 1990, this Integra model had a new 140-hp, 1.8L 4-cylinder, and a fully independent double-wishbone suspension. A GS-R performance trim offered a new 1.7L VTEC DOHC 4-cylinder engine that achieved 160 hp and 117 lb-ft of torque, and it also included state-of-the-art performance features such as upgraded struts, a stiffer anti-roll bar, a shorter final drive ratio, and performance tires.
- The third-generation: This iteration of the Integra launched in 1993 and offered the sameDOHC 1.8L engine from the previous generation. The GS-R trim provided a 1.8-L VTEC 4-cylinder that kicked things up a notch with 170 hp and 128 lb-ft of torque, which was the highest output-per-liter of any naturally aspirated engine at that time. The all-new Integra Type R featured a hand-built 1.8L VTEC B18C5 4-cylinder that achieved 195 hp and 130 lb-ft of torque and came equipped with a limited-slip front differential and 5-speed manual transmission. The third-generation Integra stopped being manufactured in 2023.
Discover the New Acura Integra 2023 Model
Now that you all know about the Acura Integra history, let’s go over what the future of the new model has in store for your San Jose and Santa Clara travels. Engineered to keep up with some of the industry’s top-performing cars, the new Acura Integra is headed in a new direction: Precision Crafted Performance. As we get closer to the Acura Integra release date–which is expected to be in the first half of 2022–here is what we know so far about what the Integra Prototype has to offer:
- Precision Crafted Performance featuring a VTEC® Turbo engine, the first-ever factory turbocharged engine for an Integra
- With the available 6-speed manual transmission and limited-slip differential
- A redesigned frameless Diamond Pentagon grille
- Distinctive restyled Jewel Eye™ LED headlights
- Sporty sloping roofline
- LED taillights in the rear
- Muscular fenders, 19-in Shark Gray wheels, and yellow Brembo® brake calipers
Learn More About the 2023 Acura Integra at Los Gatos Acura
The Acura Integra 2023 model is expected to be the perfect balance of performance and luxury, and it’s generating a lot of buzz among drivers in Monterey and beyond–righfully so! Contact us today if you have any questions about the new Acura Integra release date or about how you can reserve your own. And in the meantime, learn more about us and why you should make Los Gatos Acura your go-to dealership in Los Gatos!
More from Los Gatos Acura
The 2022 Acura MDX is a sleek and stylish SUV, but you can enhance it even further thanks to the interior and exterior Acura MDX color options. Whether you prefer something neutral and earthy, or you enjoy vibrant hues, the Acura MDX colors allow you to customize your SUV to match your personal style….
If you’re in the market for a stylish new SUV around San Jose, it’s worth checking out the impressive new Acura RDX. The new RDX has all the latest performance, technology, and safety features, however, the most impressive feature is the 2022 Acura RDX colors. Let’s take a closer look at the Acura colors with…
If you’ve been a longstanding fan of the Acura Integra, now is your chance to get behind the wheel. After a 30-year-long hiatus, the 2023 Acura Integra is set to hit Los Gatos streets. This compact luxury sports vehicle boasts high-end amenities and dynamic, powerful performance capabilities that will provide you with an exciting driving…